ZUMBACH Electronics, a leading supplier of non-contact measuring technologies for the metal and steel industry, introduces its newest PROFILEMASTER SPS 80 gauge for in-line measurement of any rebar type. Sophisticated capabilities allow the measurement of rebar products in hot rolling processes. With a unique processing feature, the full contour of a rebar is captured and the cross section is extracted in such a way that core diameter, rib height, width and height among other characteristics can be measured and monitored.
The PROFILEMASTER SPS 80 is specially designed to measure the rebar in the rolling mill without having limitations in terms of rolling speed. Since many rolling mills produce rebar in more than one strand, ZUMBACH’s PROFILEMASTER can handle up to 3 strands simultaneously with one single gauge. Every individual strand is measured and related statistics can be generated.
ZUMBACH’s experience of supplying measuring systems into the metal and steel market helped designing a solid and reliable system for such applications and will help customers producing rebar products with higher quality and higher efficiency.
The PROFILEMASTER family consists of various models and depending the product size, ZUMBACH offers the best suitable model that will accommodate the complete range of products.
PROFILEMASTER® systems are available with 4 up to 8 laser/camera modules measuring continuously the cross section of the moving product. A powerful PC-based processor combines the captured line images of the individual cameras to yield the momentary cross-section of the profile. All relevant dimensions such as width, height, angle and radius or other geometric quantities are computed to characterize the full cross-sectional picture. An operator-friendly graphic display of this data allows the monitoring of the product during the whole process. The nominal values for the profile can be directly imported from CAD design files, which allows easy and problem free configuration of the device.
Customer Benefits / Main Features
- REBAR measurement irrelevant to rolling speed
- Multi-Strand measurement of rebar up to 3 strands in one measuring gauge
- Provides 100% inspection in real time
- Reduces start-up time
- Increases the repeatability and precision of your end product
- Improves process control
- Reduces scrap and production costs
- Saves raw material and post processing costs
- Detects process problems at an early stage
- Industry 4.0 ready – OPC UA (integrates in a seamless way to your network or higher-level systems)
- Simple cleaning requirements, giving short maintenance needs
- Logging of all production data for QC department
- Makes post production measurements irrelevant
- Reliable operation in harsh conditions, product temperatures up to 1200 °C
In the picture: PROFILEMASTER® SPS 80 gauge with main REBAR screen