Product and/or service specifications
Backtwist twinner for digital communication cables production
The Backtwist Twinner is designed to produce digital communication cables using traditional solid and stranded copper conductors. Pairs produced on this machine meets the rigorous demands of categories 5/6/7/7A/8 and 10 Gig UTP requirements for full frequency sweep.
Backtwist Twinning adds the capability of neutralizing the effect of concentricity between the conductor and its insulation, results in the averaging of mutual capacitance, capacitance unbalance (NEXT loss) and impedance.
- Individual inside-out backtwist double twist twinner.
- Suitable for solid HDPE, FEP, FRPE, Foam HDPE, FEP insulations.
- Adjustable variable backtwist.
- Precise wire tension adjustment.
- Aerofoil shaped bow with low tension/speed profile.
- Dual wheel capstan and Take up.
- Max. design speed: 2250 RPM (4500 Twist/min).
- Copper diameter range: 0.40 – 0.65 mm (AWG # 26-22).
- Variable backtwist: 0-30%.
- Lay range: 6.35 – 50 mm (0.25- 2 inches).
- Take up reel size: 500/560 mm (20/22”).
Machine parameters are digitally monitored and controlled via a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and a menu driven touch screen so that at each stage the operator is guided to obtain the desired machine operation.
More infos here.