WTM: new cable rewinding line with semiautomatic spooler
Published: - 10/10/2021 Author: Laura
Cable manufacturers are always looking for new ways to optimize their manufacturing processes.
Against this backdrop, WTM has designed and built a semiautomatic cable rewinding line, with the aim of improving the ergonomics of the operator's manual work and, consequently, optimizing the cost of the rewinding and packaging phase of the finished cable. In fact, the construction layout of this machine minimizes the human intervention in the full reel packaging process.
The cable rewinding line consists of:
• powered pay-off;
• dancer for automatic cable tension control;
• traversing take-up;
• device for cable cutting;
• protective film applicator.
The steps for the operator are very simple:
1. The empty reel, prepared on a fixed position, is automatically loaded and locked on the take-up.
2. The operator fixes the cable to the reel drum and starts the machine.
3. When the rewinding line approaches the total length value preset in the meter counter, the speed decreases, the cable is automatically cut, the reel is packed with polyester film and unloaded.
4. The finished product is immediately available to be moved and stored in the warehouse.
Moreover, the loading of the empty reel can be further automated by setting up an automatic feeding stocking system of empty reels.
Here is the video that shows the operation of this semiautomatic cable rewinding line.
For any further information, do not hesitate to contact the company!