Presentation GMS (Global Metallurgical Solutions)
A SOLID GROUP WITH DEEP TRADITIONS
GMS (Global Metallurgical Solutions), part of the ENGITEC Group, inherited part of its technological background from Calamari S.p.A. – a historical manufacturer of foundry plants in Italy – founded immediately after World War II. This package included the know-how relevant to design and construction of Induction Furnaces for melting ferrous and non-ferrous metals and Continuous and Semi-Continuous Casting Plants for casting of Cu (copper) and Cu alloys in forms of billets, pipes, strips and wires.
GMS draws its operational origins from the merging of two companies, ATECO Impianti (Continuous and Semi-Continuous Casting Plants) and PROMES (Induction Furnaces for ferrous and non-ferrous metals melting).
ENGITEC Group consists of several companies, besides GMS. Being a global market player, the Group achieved a turnover of almost 100 million euros in 2019. Thanks to such financial strength, during the spring of 2019 ENGITEC Group decided to establish a new Business Unit dedicated to the development of a new Ingot Casting Lines for the production of CTL (Cut-to-Length) Aluminum Ingots and Aluminum Wire Rod Mills.
The new Business Unit takes advantage of the collaboration of a Team with decades of specific experience in this Industry.
A WIDE PORTFOLIO OF PLANTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR THE GLOBAL MARKET
GMS designs, manufactures in Italy and installs all over the world complete plants (on turnkey basis) and equipment ancillaries for the foundry industry for both ferrous and non-ferrous metals and for the casting of semi-finished products of non-ferrous metals.
The most important Technologies in the catalog are:
- Vertical Semi-Continuous Casting Plants and Horizontal Continuous Casting Plants for Cu and Cu Alloys.
- Primary Components for Casting Plants and for Conversion and Modernization of the latter.
- Electric Induction Furnaces for ferrous and non-ferrous metals melting, with Low and Medium Frequency Systems or with the Multiple System "Bi-Work" (the Systems are powered by Medium Frequency Converters with Thyristors or with IGBT, with the power range 75kW-15MW).
- Rotary Furnaces for ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Induction Heaters for billets for extrusion of Al (aluminum), Cu and Cu Alloys.
- Plants for the Cu and Cu Alloys wire production (Sky Cast Technology).
- HEH (High Efficiency Heater) Permanent Magnet Heaters for Al billets.
- Casting Machines for Al ingots production with the innovative Wet & Dry Technology.
- Al Wire Rod Mills for Al rod production.
- Plant Revamping, Modernization, Spare Parts.
- Digitalization of Plants according to the Industry 4.0 criteria.
The definition of special tailor-made Solutions to fulfill specific Customers’ requirements is a very appreciated challenge for us.
GMS is very proud of its sales portfolio exceeding a large family of 450 plants in full operations worldwide. In several cases, the name of the Customers and the repletion of the purchase orders is a vivid representation of Customers’ satisfaction.