Product and/or service specifications
Pre-straightening and welding unit for wire rod
The Pre-straightening and welding unit for wire rod is made up of the decoiler SV TP 22, integrated with the welder SF 14-22.
The full system offers significant advantages when compared to the commercially available butt welder-integrated systems for wire rod processing:
• instant installation, three phase electrical connection for the full system;
• workbench with height adjustment: easier wire handling and reduced risk of contact between the operator and the wire;
• shorter wire coil preparation in welding time: takes only 6-10 minutes for the whole process ( Ø size from 14 to 22 mm);
• improved safety conditions for operators: activities are straightforward, safe and less tiring;
• during wire preparation, tail and head end of wire rod are perfectly aligned;
• vertical decoiler: it enables to handle wire coils before wire drawing in the best and most efficient way possible;
• low operating costs: it consumes approximately 20% of the energy used by a butt welder of the same size;
• near-total elimination of manual grinding operations;
• no additional power supply required for tempering welded parts;
• low encumbrance (max 3500 mm) in the in-line system before wire-drawing machine for wire coil processing (max 3000 Kg).