Product and/or service specifications
SCF wire heater for stainless steel wires
The SCF wire heater is a unit designed to pre-heat stainless steel wire of 2 to 20 mm diameter before cold heading. The pre-heating up to 300°C (450°C on the 308S model), is carried out by converting the electric power into heat onto the wire only, thus providing a uniform distribution of the temperature and improving the material plasticity.
Surely a clever alternative to both the old-fashioned dangerous and costly gas system which cannot guarantee any proper deformation of the material, as well as to the quite expensive induction heaters.
• Lowest energy consumption and low power required;
• wear life increased by 45% compared to the older gas systems and by 80% compared to cold forming;
• improved wire plasticity and uniform material deformation;
• reduced material waste and machine downtime due to tool breakage;
• this unit is provided to heat the wire up to 300°C (450°C on the 308S model) by displaying the relevant value;
• the use of lowest voltage electric current allows to reduce any costs, inefficiencies and dangers of older gas systems;
• the wire heater is a stand-alone unit, separated from the cold header - and can be set up quickly and easily;
• at any machine stop the generated heat is immediately balanced and adjusted to the required temperature, thus eliminating all the issues associated with stress control and over-heating of the wire.