Product and/or service specifications
Wire heater for metallic wires SCF
The SCF Wire Heater is a unit designed to pre-heat stainless steel wire of 2 to 20 mm diameter before cold heading. The pre-heating up to 300°C (450°C on the 308S model), is carried out by converting the electric power into heat onto the wire only, thus providing a uniform distribution of the temperature and improving the material plasticity.
Surely a clever alternative to both the old-fashioned dangerous and costly gas system which cannot guarantee any proper deformation of the material, and the quite expensive induction heaters.
Lowest power consumption and low power required.
- Duration of the tools is increased by 45% compared to the older gas systems and by 80% compared to cold forming;
- Improved wire plasticity and uniform material deformation;
- Lowest material waste and machine downtime due to tool breakage;
- This unit is provided to heat the wire up to 300°C (450°C on the 308S model) by displaying the relevant value;
- The use of lowest voltage electric current permits to eliminate any costs, inefficiencies and dangers of the older gas systems;